Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Peanut Butter and Chocolate...Need I say More??

I made these delectable treats several weeks ago, and I am still thinking about them.
Is there a better combination that chocolate and peanut butter? If so, you better tell me about it!
I was told to bring a "simple" sweet treat to a family gathering, and this was one of the things I brought. It's hard for me to be too simple when it comes to baking, but these were pretty easy and I just couldn't resist making them.
I really need to start writing down my "recipes" right away, so I remember how I made them. Hopefully I'm not forgetting anything!
(These are great for all of you gluten free people, too!)

Flourless Intense Peanut Butter Cookies
2 cups peanut butter
2 eggs
1 cup sugar

That's all folks! Mix em all together and refrigerate for an hour.
Form into balls and place on cookie sheet. Flatten with a fork for a traditional pb cookie look.

Bake at 350 for 12 min. Cool completely.

To make them extra tasty, melt 10 ish oz of your favorite chocolate and dip each side of the cookie into it. Dip generously, kids, it's delicious. :)
Now for a little pizazz, I chopped 1/3 ish cups of honey roasted peanuts and immediately after dipping cookies into chocolate, I dipped them into the nuts. I made 1/2 with nuts and 1/2 without.


Make these. Your tummy will thank you!

But wait, there's more! Be sure to click here now! It will make you happy and save your sanity come Christmas time. Treat yourself and take care of all the gals on your "nice list".
C'mon, all the cool kids are doing it ;)
Pin It!

27 comments:

Michaela said...

Oh my goodness!! I MUST bake these this week. My mouth is watering. Just found your blog from Someday Crafts and think it's adorable (: New follower!

XO
Michaela

Unknown said...

Okay ... this post made me salivate ... seriously! :) I wonder if an vegan egg substitute would work in these cookies. My taste buds are at full alert! :)

Btw ... I found you through the Wednesday Green Blog Hop and I'm your newest follower. WhooHoo! Would love to have you visit my blog:

http://reducefootprints.blogspot.com

Thanks for sharing your recipe (and that's just the cutest little "chef" at the end of your post). :)

Jacqueline said...

OH, I think that all of our little chefs would love these and I would probably do most of the eating. Peanut butter cookies are oh so yum, but a little chocolate makes them even better.

AmyLynn said...

Oh, those look so delicious!! I'm your newest follower from Blog Hop Skip & Jump Wednesday.
http://hearditfromthehills.blogspot.com/

cookies and cups said...

yummy! These sound amazing!

Kimberly said...

I am going to make these!!!

Kimberly said...

I made these! posting about it today! They were easy!

Anonymous said...

Hi stephanie! Just wanted to tell you I made those cookies and oh I loved them.I was a bit skeptical because of no flour.But oh my they are much better, and I dont even eat cookies that much.


Your daughter is growing so fast.Shes just so sweet in those little earrings lol.

Happy weekend to you!

Unknown said...

yummy...gonna have to make these ;) www.lilyslaundryboutique.blogspot.com
TGIF!

Kitty Deschanel said...

Mmmm! What better way to top off my Friday off than by making a batch of yummy cookies :)

Emily - faliLV said...

No there is no better combo than peanut butter and chocolate - it is the ultimate pairing. I love your little girls pic at the end - she looks so thrilled!
I am a new follower from the Saturday surf. Hope you have a great weekend!
Emily
Family and Life in Las Vegas

Beeb said...

Yummy!!!
I am your newest follower from Surfin' Saturdays. :)

Stacy's Snippets said...

You still have my address, right? Feel free to send me a few batches of those cookies. And the cute earrings that darling Bella is wearing. And I'll take just a nibble of her as well!

Erin said...

Best combination of flavors EVER!!!!

Amber said...

I'm so going to make these! My two favorite things!

Unknown said...

OH OH OH, I'm going to HAVE to try this!!!

Jami said...

flourless? Yummy! They sound great!

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

Yummy!! I shared your cookies on my Tatertots facebook page and linked to you :)

xox
Jen

Amanda Brantley said...

oh.yum. : ) found u thru ttj...love your about me, btw!

Jennifer Leigh said...

We made these yesterday. We put sprinkles on our chocolate instead of peanuts...they turned out to be so delicious. Yours looks much neater than ours. Thanks for posting!

Stacy's Snippets said...

I made these this weekend. And I couldn't stop eating them. So delicious!

Melanie @ Whimsical Creations said...

Those look and sound DELICIOUS!! Gonna have to try these.

Holly Lefevre said...

PB and chocolate - whoever decide to combine those two was a genius!

Design It Chic said...

They look oh so delicious Stephanie, and after the Halloween sugar rush, this would be the bomb.. but so worth it:) I'm following you for a long time now and you're doing an amazing job here on your blog and i also love your Etsy store:)
Speaking of which, feel free to check out our new campaign that helps promote fellow blogers and their business! We'd love to have you on board with us:) Happy Tuesday!

Sarah @ Sugar Bananas said...

Delicious! PB and chocolate is the best combo. Thanks for linking up with 'Sweets This Week'. Have a great weekend.

~Sarah

Courtney @ {not so homemade} said...

These look great! PB... chocolate... it doesn't get any better :)

I would love for you to link this up to my What's Cooking Wednesday!

http://notsohomemade.blogspot.com/2010/11/jazzed-up-jambalaya-1117-whats-cooking.html

Elizabeth said...

Those look SO good! So bummed little man is allergic to PB! Hope you'll come link up to Made with Love Monday :) The party will be open until Friday so feel free to link up multiple projects. Hope you have a very Merry Christmas! http://sewchatty.blogspot.com