Wednesday, September 1, 2010

More Than Words.... Promises!

I have mentioned before that I am participating in a challenge to read through the Bible, cover to cover, in 90 days. It's going really well. This is not the first time I have read through the Bible, however, after all I have been through I am seeing passages in a new way, and I suppose I am seeking comfort. So many verses have really spoken to me and this passage from Isaiah 43 is so wonderful I just have to share it with you.
This is not the entire chapter; I have just written down the parts that I found to be so comforting. (To read the entire chapter open your Bible to Isaiah 43, or if you don't have a Bible just google it!)


But now, this is what the LORD says— he who created you, he who formed you:
"Fear not, for I have redeemed you;
I have summoned you by name; you are mine.
2 When you pass through the waters,
I will be with you;
and when you pass through the rivers,
they will not sweep over you.
When you walk through the fire,
you will not be burned;
the flames will not set you ablaze.

3 For I am the LORD, your God, your Savior.
4 You are precious and honored in my sight,
and I love you.
5 Do not be afraid, for I am with you.

10 "You are my witnesses," declares the LORD,
"and my servant whom I have chosen,
so that you may know and believe me
and understand that I am he.
Before me no god was formed,
nor will there be one after me.

11 I, am the LORD,
and apart from me there is no savior.

12 I have revealed and saved and proclaimed—
I, and not some foreign god among you.
You are my witnesses," declares the LORD, "that I am God.

13 Yes, and from ancient days I am he.
No one can deliver out of my hand.
When I act, who can reverse it?"

19 See, I am doing a new thing!
Now it springs up; do you not perceive it?
I am making a way in the desert
and streams in the wasteland.

20 The wild animals honor me,
because I provide water in the desert
and streams in the wasteland,
to give drink to my people, my chosen,

21 the people I formed for myself
that they may proclaim my praise.



25 "I, even I, am he who blots out
your transgressions, for my own sake,
and remembers your sins no more.





I love that God promises to be with us in the hard times; He promises to not let them overtake us. I love that He makes all things new, He uses our circumstances for His glory and our good. I love how He provides even when it seems impossible - nothing is impossible for Him! And I love that if we surrender to Him, he promises to forgive us completely for all the rotten things we do. I love that His grace and forgiveness goes far beyond the depths of our sin. He says we are precious and honored in His sight, and He loves us!
I think that's pretty fantastic!



I hope these verses will be a blessing to you as they have been to me.
Please feel free to email me infinitemystery@hotmail.com if you have questions or want someone to talk to.



Pin It!

4 comments:

Lynda Coker said...

Coming over from Wobble Over Wednesday to say hello. I too love those scriptures. Did you ever wonder why some occurrences of GOD and LORD are in all capitals and others aren't? The preface of your Bible translation may give you this information. If not, finding out will add a whole new dimension to these scriptures. have a great Wednesday.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry. My study this morning was on fear, and our need to control. Imagine what our lives would be like if we controlled everything. Sometimes it is hard to see the miracles because we are so wrought down with our strong holds. Thanks for sharing this passage!

Laura said...

I don't think I could read through the Bible in 90 days. It would take me a little longer. Right now, I am reading through James with Mark Hall from Casting Crowns & all his tweeps (twitter).

Stopping by from Weekend Winddown.

LeAnna said...

"See, I am doing a new thing!"

I love that part. Such wonderful promises for us to hold onto!