Monday, September 13, 2010

Sugar, Sugar

So me and my husband like each other. Kind of a lot - it's no secret. ;)
One of our "pet names" for each other is sugar. We rarely use the other person's actual name, it's always "I love you, Sugar" or "I'm so glad I get to be married to you, Sugar" or "Sugar, what's for dinner?"....
You get the idea.
Anyway, the other day I was in the kitchen making dinner and Bella was riffling through the pantry, as usual.  She found a bag of powdered sugar and a bag of brown sugar and was carrying them around the room.  
"What do you have, Bella?" I asked.
She looked at me, unsure of what to say.
"That's sugar!" I told her.
"Daddy!!!" she replied.
A little confused, I repeated, "Bella, that's sugar in those bags."
Bright eyed and excited, she shrieked, "Sugar, Daddy!"
Then I realized what was happening. She hears me call him sugar all the time, of course she thinks I'm talking about him now! 
I just smiled and laughed, so happy that she sees how happy her mommy and daddy are together. And we are so happy she is ours.

I just love these sweet (and funny) moments, I don't ever want to forget these precious things!

Pin It!

26 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing , it happen with my daughter too similar,
Nan

LeAnna said...

That is too precious! She is growing sooo much!

My Serendipity said...

That is so cute! Those are life's greatest moments..not the big things but the little ones :)
thanks for sharing :)

Jill said...

So sweet! I can't believe how big she looks in those pics - time files!

Jill said...

That would be flies, not files :)

grace said...

That's so cute! Isn't it amazing seeing our little ones grow up and show us how smart they are?

mandi said...

Too cute!
www.designsbymandiboutique.com

Chantel said...

That is adorable!

Amy said...

So cute!! How funny she made the connection.

Hi there! Following from Mingle Monday! Hope you can come by and return the favor!

Amy @ Render Me Mama

Cheryl said...

too cute!

Showcase Sisters is following you from Follow Me Back Tuesday! http://showcasesisters.blogspot.com/

Ron Cooper said...

Children are so delightfully unpredictable.

I'm on Twitter now, pls. feel free to follow my inspiring messages.

Amy said...

That is so cute! I'm following from Tag-Along Tuesday. You can visit me a http://ohsosavvymom.blogspot.com

Stacy's Snippets said...

Cutie patootie!

My ex and I used to call each other Honey all the time. I guess his daughter (4 at the time) had heard it one too many times, because she said to me in a very aggravated voice "His NAME is TIM!"

We had a good little chuckle over that.

Anna said...

Adorable! I love it!

Unknown said...

um, I just died a little bit.

Debbie said...

Isn't that great? I bet you are very thankful you never called him anything bad.

Jen @ EmbellishingLifeEveryday said...

How cute!
I'm a new follower from the blog hop! :)
http://embellishinglifeeveryday.blogspot.com/

Kelly Lund and Kids said...

Oh for Cute!!! ha ha I found you from Welcome Wednesday... I am your newest follower :)
see you again soon..

Kelly from kellylundkids.blogspot.com

Countrygirl said...

What a beautiful story! Sweet, sweet, sweet!!!1

kELLY said...

her hair is getting soo long! i love it:)

~Dawn~ said...

How SWEET!! It's those little things that count and you'll remember forever! :)

Dawn @ Mom-a-Logues
http://www.mom-a-logues.blogspot.com

Tales of a young mamma said...

I'm a new follower! Can't wait to read more!

Gail said...

that is so cute. My husband and I are the same - our real names are generally used only in serious "discussion"!!

I love your jewellery! So gorgeous and creative! Do you sell to NZ?

jules said...

That's so cute. Now that you've written about it you will never forget this story. Love it.

Cherie said...

Very Cute!
http://justcraftytoday.blogspot.com/

carissa said...

most adorable thing ever!!!! love this story! remember it forever!