Monday, June 21, 2010

My Miscellany Monday

It's that time again for
Miscellany Monday @ lowercase letters

1. Like I've said before I am a girly girl, but there is one area where I am unlike almost every girl I've ever met.
(Hmmmm, I wonder what you think I'm about to say!)
I kind of hate talking on the phone. I know, *gasp*!! Can I still be a woman and not like talking on the phone??
I would much rather talk to you in person - phones make me uncomfortable. There. I said it.

2. One thing I love about summer is that I get to wear skirts and sundresses all the time! I haven't bought a pair of shorts in years. I just don't like them.

3. People don't realize how hard days like Father's day can be for some people. I was praying yesterday for those who have lost their fathers, or lost a child, or long to be a father but it just hasn't happened. I prayed for my husband. It's not fair for him. On mother's day I was pregnant, and on father's day the recent loss of our baby is heavy on our hearts. It just breaks my heart that he has so many babies that will never know what an incredible daddy he is, yet I rejoice that our sweet Bella knows it full well.

4. Sometimes life just SUCKS. Can I say that?

5. I am officially the designated baker of the family. I think I will be thrown out next time we all get together if I don't bring some goodies. More on that in my next post!

6. I have added something new to my etsy shop Pearls and Petals.
Sweet baby headbands - go figure.






7. I recently have been given some blog awards, and I feel like a tool, but I can't even remember who they are from. I'm so sorry. I guess that means you should take them away! :/


This one came from Jen. She is such a godly person, and has been so faithful in praying for me during this trial in our lives. Thanks so much, Jen! You have been such an encouragement to me. We are doing a challenge together to read through the Bible in 90 days - it's gonna be great! I am so thankful for the wonderful friends I have met through blogging. I never expected that when I started 6 months ago.

Pin It!

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh I love the baby headbands! I am almost a bit sad that I do not yet have any use for them :(

I love to wear flip flops and summer skirts. I absolutely understand how you feel :)

Have a blessed day,
Kate

LeAnna said...

And we're so glad you blog! Loved your randomness today, even the not so wonderful parts. Means you're real, and we love you for being real. :) Praying each day is easier than the day before, and that wisdom will abound in all things! Love ya, girl!

Natalie said...

I also hate talking on the phone-you are not alone there!! I prefer any other form of communication : )
Those baby headbands are too sweet!

grace said...

Phone conversations are hard. I find it's hardest to find a way to hang up. What do you say, "Okay, I'm bored talking to you now, we're out of stuff to discuss. Bye"???
Cyberspace hugs to you, since I decided to move so far away...

Ruth said...

me too! i hate talking on phone. and yes i didn't realize how hard Father;s Day must be for some... thanks for sharing. i understand it must be hard... praying that God sends forth his healing ... and be ever more real.
wow these headbands are so pretty!!
Blessings,
~ Ruth

carissa said...

stephanie, i'm so sorry for your recent loss! i will be praying that the Lord comforts you as only He can. you are absolutely allowed to say that sometimes life sucks... after all, the hard times make us long for our home in heaven all the more!

ummm, i am not a phone talker! i honestly wouldn't mind going without a cell.

adorable baby bands!

BARBIE said...

I don't like talking on the phone either. I am loving your baby headbands. I am praying for you and your husband. Praying God will comfort as only He can. Blessings!

♥ Noelle ♥ said...

hey hun! YES, life does SUCK so BAD at times!! like right now for me:(

having great friends helps ♥

love the baby headbands! is your lil doll gonna be the model for them? she should!!

Kate said...

Hey thanks for visiting my blog girl! I don't like talking on the phone either. Thank goodness for texting!

:) Kate

Anglican Mama said...

Wow, what a good Misc. Monday. We got to know quirky things about YOU. REAL things about your heart. And things you're praying for. :) I haven't shared it on the blogosphere, but I recently ended a pre-engagement relationship. I haven't been where you are, but it's been rough lately and I relate to the Mother's Day/Baby headbands pain. Keep pressing on, sister--though we know it sucks, we know (sometimes don't "feel") our God is faithful. ((hug))

Anonymous said...

I am your newest follower from FMBT. Love your blog! I don't like talking on the phone either! :)
So sorry to hear about your recent loss. You will be in my prayers!
Looking forward to getting to know you!
Lynn
www.bradybunchplus1.blogspot.com

kELLY said...

1. i HATE talking on the phone, too! so thankful for texting :)
2. love your new headbands. if i had a daughter i would buy them all.
3. fathers day is hard on roed, too. it was a rough day yesterday.
4. i am a dress girl :) i only wear shorts when i don't have any dresses clean :) haha
5. have a good week!

said...

I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your baby. What indescribable pain you and your husband must be walking through. Praise God that you know Him.

How ambitious of you to take on the whole Bible in 90 days!

My mom is making those baby headbands too, but she crochets the flowers. They are amazing!

I'm here from Follow Me Back Tuesday. I look forward to reading more and hope you'll follow me too.

shawna-mygirls.blogspot.com

said...

I finally got GFC to work, so I'm following you now. I hope you'll come visit me too!

shawna-mygirls.blogspot.com

beingzaraandzidan said...

hey nice blog. I am ur newest follower & I hope u follow back too!
http://www.beingzaraandzidan.blogspot.com/

Q, La, and Gooner said...

I hate talking on the phone as well. People ALWAYS get upset with me because I don't answer and rarely call back. I'm so sorry that certain holidays are so hard for you. I think holidays like this are hard for loads of people who have lost parents and things.

Anonymous said...

You are too cute!

Guess what? I can't stand talking on the phone.
Wanna know another big one? I hate shopping.

On Father's Day I called my Dad (Did I mention I hate talking on the phone?) and chatted with him for a while. Got off the phone and my husband had tears in his eyes and whispered "Cherish it Sher, cherish it". He lost his dad in early 2009 and holidays like this are so hard on him.

Just Wrap It Fitness said...

Thanks for buzzing by, I am your newest follower!! Have a fabulous day!
Smiles,
Nicole

Tammy said...

I use to love the phone...now I screen most of my calls! Thanks for linking up again this week for Thursday's Friends and Giveaways! Happy Thursday girl!

Unknown said...

Great blog! And I am right there with ya on #1, I cannot STAND talking on the phone ;o) Even with my hubby! I'd rather text, or talk in person! Have a great day!