Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Hugs and Kisses and Chocolate!


We have a nice big island in our kitchen.  When I bake, that is where I work.  Of course, Isabella likes to be with me all the time, so she is also my baking buddy. I love it. I stand on one side of the island, and she pulls up a chair and watches and "helps" on the other side. 
She knows I don't let her up on the counter when I'm cooking, but she's very very sneaky....


She will say "Mommy? I need a kiss." How can I say no to that? So she has to climb onto the counter to reach me well enough to give me a kiss. 
Then.... "Mommy? I need a hug." Again, I can't turn her down. So up she comes for a hug. Just as I tell her "ok, now sit back down in your chair" she says "Other side??" (she likes to give hugs on both sides. Once with her head to the right, and once on the left.) 
I am a sucker for those hugs and kisses. And she is very generous with them, especially when it gets her closer to my cookies! :)
But this is what happens when I'm baking up a storm and I turn around for a second to get cookies out of the oven.
 She wasted no time.
 She was a girl on a mission....  She saw chocolate!
 She was pretty proud of herself!


Pin It!

9 comments:

Brandi said...

Aww! She is too precious! You are one lucky mother!
Brandi

gen said...

She is adorable...I am a new follower from Welcome Wednesday. See you.

Jill said...

She is adorable!

Tea said...

What a sweetheart! :)

grace said...

She's so cute! She looks like such a big girl in these pictures, not a toddler anymore.

Unknown said...

Too Cute! New follower from Wandering Wednesday! You can visit me at http://mymodernguide.blogspot.com/

Beki :)

Stacy's Snippets said...

Oh I love hugs and kisses. And especially chocolate!!!

Anglican Mama said...

Aw, how cute :) It must be loads of fun to have sweet company like that for baking!
Thank you for your sweet comment...the one waaaay back when, haha. I'm so very happy, and excited!

Unknown said...

I love x's & o's. Such a cute post and the photos are adorable. I'm following you from http://loveiseverywhere.blogspot.com/ and I would love for you to come visit and follow back :)

xoxo
Kate