Sunday, January 10, 2010

The Chocolate Diet

So, I have this problem. I didn't use to be this way. I have good intentions of trying to do better, but I keep slipping back. It's just so alluring....
I am talking about my addiction to sugar. More specifically chocolate. I went nuts baking for Christmas and now I just can't stop. I've been know to eat truffles for breakfast. And maybe cookies for lunch....sshhhhh!
I use to eat super healthy and workout everyday. But all that ended when I got pregnant with Bella (yes, I know that was nearly 2 years ago). I was too sick to eat anything except the occasional piece of dry toast, and I was on strict bedrest so I couldn't workout anymore. And then she was born and I wasn't sick anymore, but I was too tired to workout everyday and, well, I was still eating mostly carbs. Then I started having major wrist pain and that kept me from doing my beloved yoga every morning.
That leads us up to today, where I occasionally work out and occasionally eat healthy. I really want to do better. It's not that I want to lose weight. Somehow in the midst of my Chocolate Diet (copyright pending) I've managed to drop about 20lbs below my pre pregnancy weight. Go figure.
But I do want to be healthier. I need to be a good example to my munchkin :)
So me and my man are workout buddies now. It's way more fun when you have a hot guy working out next to you, am I right?
Don't get me wrong, I'm not giving up chocolate. I'm just not going to treat it as a meal anymore. :)
Pin It!

14 comments:

grace said...

Can you have J convince Troy to be my workout buddy? I try, and he always has something else to do :-(

Jill said...

Umm... I would like to be on your chocolate diet and lose 20 lbs!

Jocelyn said...

Wow! I sure wish I could eat truffles and cookies every day and lose 20 lbs...unfortunately I would gain about 40 if I did that:-)

Countrygirl said...

Yep, sign me up for it too! I love milk chocolate!!! How funny! Loved the post!

LeAnna said...

How funny!!! You know, I thought I would have a terrible time "being good" after I had my son, but come to find out, I didn't have time to make sweet things like before, therefor I didn't eat them. Amazing how that works...However, I did polish off 1/2 of an entire pan of tiramisu last week, so that hardly qualifies for being good. I'm almost 15 pounds under my pre preg weight, are we naive to think we can do that again the next go around, too? ;) You crack me up!

Lemonade Makin' Mama said...

That's so cute. Enjoy it. :)

Juliana said...

I am going go read more of your blog...but your baby is sooooo cute!!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow, I don't like to work out with Josh. I feel to weird. I'm such a baby when I work out, that I guess I don't want him seeing that. Even though he knows I'm big baby with workouts, I just would much rather do it alone.

Holly Lefevre said...

I thought chocolate was one of the major food groups. I wish I could do the chocolte diet and lose lbs. When I was younger and workign like crazy, the Starbucks chocolate chip scone and grande mocha 2x a day helped me maintain my weight for awhile.

Holly Lefevre said...

Oh yeah, I will be following you now and in spite of my last comment, I can spell.

a.love said...

Hi Stephanie :)
If you are still desiring the book to begin intentional prayer for your husband and sweet baby blessing I would love to send you a copy. I hope that it will bring you as much closeness with Him as it has been bringing me.
Please email me your address?
allegralove {at} gmail {.} com

Joyeful said...

The Chocolate Diet sounds perfect to me!! LoL. And they "say" that it's actually good for us : ) I don't need anymore convincing than that!

beckylbranch said...

I am no help to you here, because according to ME chocolate IS a meal and a pleasure in life! And we don't want to miss out on any pleasures in life do we? I HEART GODIVA!!!! FOREVAH!!

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

The hubs and I used to work out together pre-pregnancy. It was wonderful. Wish we could back into that habit!