Monday, March 1, 2010

Random Monday

In the midst of my crazy busy life, I always find some time to bake. Because it makes my man happy. So I invented a new cookie recipe :
These, my friends are dangerous. They were a little too good.
Chewy peanut butter cookies with white chocolate and chocolate chips. Who needs a recipe? Just add in everything yummy and voila! Super cookie :)
Then, because we try to eat real food too, and because LeAnna made this sound so good, I made up a batch of homemade chicken noodle soup.

(these are the noodles in case you're wondering)
Bella had the first bowl and she gave it a resounding "Mmmm!" It was a hit!

She was a little hurt that I wasn't going to give her the box of cookies for dessert though.

I had to give her one, who could resist that face???

On another note, I was awarded the beautiful blogger award by Laura over at Prone to Wander.
Thank you!
[beautifulbloggeraward.jpg]

I am suppose to pass this on to 7 beautiful bloggers, and list 7 random things about me.

These are my choices for 7 beautiful blogs.
Not only are their blogs great, but they are truly beautiful women inside and out!

Hmmm, now for 7 things about me.
1. I am the girliest girl I know. I can't help it. I love being a girl! (My man says it's one of his favorite things about me!)
2. I am slightly embarrassed to go around without nail polish on. (See #1 for explanation)
3. If I could, I would have a baby every year. I LOVE babies!!!
4. Being a wife and mother are my two greatest joys in life. I am blessed!
5. I read my Bible everyday - at least I try to.
6. I bake everything from scratch and almost never use a recipe.
7. I am actually a really quiet, private person and I debate whether or not to continue blogging almost daily. (It goes against all my natural instincts!)
There you have it!

Now for one last thing.
Every week (I will aim for Mondays) I will be featuring an item from my shop!
Sometimes it might even be something special that's not in my shop yet.
I will offer that item at a special low price or with free shipping and it will only be valid for a week or until it sells - whichever comes first. (There is only 1 of every item, so don't wait!)
Sound good?
Today's item is this Asian Print Flower Necklace

This beauty is on sale for $15.95 - you save $10!
Ready? Set? Go!

Pin It!

26 comments:

carissa said...

my heart did a happy dance when i saw those cookies. i want some. but then, when i saw that you picked me for a beautiful blog award, i really did a happy dance. you are beyond sweet. just like the cookies. : ) i'm visiting your shop TODAY.. that necklace is to die for. i have to get some new jewels.

carissa said...

i featured your beautiful blog and shop on my blog today because i shared that you gave me a super nice award. i had to introduce my readers to you. i know they're going to love you.

Kelly Marie said...

Bella is gorgeous! & those cookies look absolutely deathly good!! (:

kELLY said...

i hate going anywhere without earrings on! :) nailpolish... not so much. haha

LeAnna said...

Oh, your noodles looked perfect! And those cookies, YUM. And an award, Awwww, you're the sweetest! Thanks for the shout out, girl, and for all the sweet words. I'm glad your my bloggin' bud!

Ewww said...

Thanks so much for the comment you left me!!!

I love your blog, it really is beautiful. I'm so jealous that you make everything from scratch. I'm not much of a "cooker" and my poor family usually has to eat Hamburger Helper or some other boxed monstrosity, lol. Don't judge me too harshly ;-).

Love the necklace...going to check out your shop now.

Amy Prikazsky said...

Those cookies look so good! I never wear nailpolish...I wish I could pull it off! Hope you have a great Monday!

Lemonade Makin' Mama said...

okay if you just aren't the sweetest little thing, I don't know what is. What a comment to wake up to! Bless your heart. Thank you so much for the award. I love em to pieces.

Hilary said...

Those cookies look deeelish! And your daughter is adorable! She looks a lot like you!

Sarah Ann said...

I LOVE your Etsy shop. Your stuff is so adorable!

Sarah Ann sarahannrogers.com

Beth Priest said...

You are amazing to be able to cook without a reciepe! I can't even imagine what that is like! I love your jewelry!

Mrs. C said...

so when your done with your Purple kitchenaid, you can pass it on to me. Ok that is the coolest thing I have seen in a long time.

Im not a girlie girl, but I cant wear strappy summer shoes with out my toes being painted. Oh and I cant go to the pool with out them painted either. Toes are gross. I know. weird.

chelsea rebecca said...

CONGRATS ON THE AWARD! you deserve it!!
and thanks for passing it on to me! you are too sweet!!

and i love learning these things about you! i can't believe you don't use recipes!?!? craziness!!!

LOVE that flower necklace. absolutely stunning!

Tracy said...

I would have had to give that little cutie all the cookies she asked for! She is precious. Those cookies and the noodles looked so good. I love to cook, but use recipes a lot. You are one talented Momma! Thanks for sharing all your talents! Have a great evening.

the southern hostess said...

Love your blog! Those cookies look perfect.

Hattie said...

Those cookies look yummy!!! Congrats on your award!!! Following your super cute blog now & can't wait to read more!

Nikosmommy said...

Congrats on the award and thanks for the follow!!! Your cookies look great...anyone who can bake up something creative and tasty is seriously talented in my book.
And your little baby-girl is adorable!!!!
Have a great Tuesday!!!

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

I WISH the hubs liked sweets. I love to bake and he could care less...so I end up eating most of the batch. Ah ha ha

Amber Zimmerman said...

Okay first of all, those cookies look devine! So does the homemade chicken and noodles. . .one of my fave dishes. I love me some comfort food. I love reading the 7 things about you. That's what I love about those blog awards. So fun! You and I would be great friends. I am girly, love to read my Bible, and have trouble blogging too. ;-)

Joyeful said...

Seriously, I'm dying over here! I am CRAVING these! They sound so delicious! I really need to start baking. Like right now. : )

Loved reading the seven things about you!

Q, La, and Gooner said...

I think we would totally have fun and our daughter, well um, they would LOVE each other! I WILL be in Illinois in June I think, so if you are near Chicago.... Those cookies really do look yummy. I love it, I KNOW I would love them!

Natalie of TheBusyBudgetingMama.com said...

Thanks so much for the award Stephanie!! you are a sweetie. it was fun sitting down and coming up with random things about me haha. and picking out some other great blogs to get the award!

and seriously..your work is beautiful! and i can't say no to sophia either...she does a pretty good begging look right now. it's like the cat from shrek. i'm not even joking. she's that good.

Christie said...

Cookies and chicken noodle soup on the same day? I'll be right over. Yum.

theUngourmet said...

Yum! Your cookies look great! I also love that darling hair clip your sweet daughter is wearing!

ashlina {the decorista} said...

your blog is beautiful.
thank you so much for the comments beauty!

xo
ashilna
secretsofdomesticbliss.blogspot.com

amy (metz) walker said...

Yum, those cookies look amazing...! The last three blogs I've been on have had some amazing food item and now I'm starving! ha!